March 17, 2008

new bike box in SE

[from post on shift mailing list (with more detailed pics)]
This is at SE 7th & Hawthorne, which will be on my bike commute route whenever I actually start riding. (postponed till after Shanghai trip so... hopefully will start biking once a week in Apirl). I'm really glad there is such an excellent bike community here in Portland. While I know so far I've only dipped my toes into the world of bike commuting, I feel better knowing that there are plenty of resources out there once I'm ready to take the plunge.

[Update from BikePortland.org] "Along with the new markings comes a significant change to the law; at all intersections slated to receive a bike box, right turns on red are now illegal. Motor vehicles must also stop prior to the bike box when the light is red."

No comments: