April 25, 2008

Bike Take bake the night & breakfast on the Steel bridge

Last night Amanda and I took part in the Bike Take Back the Night ride, starting from Colonel Summers Park and ending at the park block at PSU. It was a nice ride and I'm very glad I didn't not give into the lazy tired side of me who didn't want to go after riding home from work. I can be seen in my hideous yellow vest in one of the photos on BikePortland.org's blog.

Taking part in that event was second time I felt part of the bike community. The next morning was another moment when I felt a surge of love for Portland and the bike community here. I was crabby and tired when I woke up. So getting on my bike was a challenge. Then I greeting by the sight of free coffee and pastries at the Steel bridge. I had heard of the breakfast on the bridges, but didn't know that they did the Steel bridge. It really cheered me up and made me feel better for the rest of the day. So thanks to the kind folks who were part of that.

No comments: