July 8, 2008

Squirrels & strife

Yesterday we lost power for a few seconds, just long enough for me to lose a good 1.5hrs worth of work I had put into spreadsheet doom on behalf of my problem child client. I had been working my ass off to be fully prepared for a meeting I was going to have with the client the next morning. Today I found the source the power outage, a fucking squirrels.

From on email about the power outage: "We were informed by PGE that the brief outage yesterday was due to a squirrel knocking out a feeder line."

You little fuckers, I knew you were nothing but the SPAWN OF SATAN!

No one believes me when I tell this story, but I was targeted by the squirrels on campus at Reed when I foolishly attempted to do some reading beneath a tree. I would be sitting there, when a nut would fall to on side. Then another. Soon I'm being pelted from a sinister squirrel above me, aiming straight for where I was sitting. Every time I tried to enjoy the campus, the fucking squirrels would be there to make sure I remember who was boss on campus.

And now they have found a way to continue causing me strife. How foolish I was to think I would be safe indoors.

No comments: