October 13, 2008

"Sign" of the Times


This dude simply rocks. Thanks to NPR's Planet Money podcast & blog for posting this. I highly recommend both the blog & the podcast to help understand everything that has been happening with the economic crisis. I would also recommend This American Life's shows #363: Enforcers (Act two mostly), #365: Another Frightening Show about the Economy, and #366: A Better Mousetrap (Act two).

For my fellow sinophiles, the beauty ladies of ChinesePod, Jenny Zhu & Amber Scorah, did one of their Chinese Soundbites podcasts about the economic crisis.

This & the election are my two biggest obsession with the news. Gods I really hope Obama wins because I shudder at the thought of another 4 years of republican economic policy. At least Obama's lead in the polls only seems to increase with all the news about the economy.

[Update: at lease one "sector" of the economy is still strong, prostitution.]

No comments: