August 11, 2008

Reunions & the Olympics

It's been a while since I've written anything here. A lot of things are going on in my life right now, sadly more bad than good. Right now it's still too painful to post about publicly. So all I'm going to say is that the hardest thing in the world is telling someone you love that they have a serious problem and need professional help.

Friday I was thrilled and amazed by the opening Olympic ceremony. 奥运会! (translation: I love watching the Olympics!). My heart just filled with pride for China. I was also excited because I could understand some of the announcements in chinese before they were translated into english! I've been bad about my studying, but my oral skills are still there. Lindsay was intrugied by the chinese names for countries and I got a moment to geek out about my favorite website Chinesepod. They have an excellent site up that devoted to the Olympics, I highly recommend it. During the commerical breaks, Lindsay & I listened to the chinese for various countries. Oh how I love transliteration :)

Sunday I met up with an old friend from high school Katelyn. It was so good to see her again. We hadn't seen each in probably about 4 years. It was amazing how quickly we slipped back into our old friendship, almost like that time had never passed. I'm really looking forward to spending more time with her.

No comments: