April 3, 2009

worlds collide


This is kinda weird. Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite writers. Jason Webley is one of my favorite muscians. I had assumed for a long time that not many knew of Webley since I had discovered him via Reed, and all his concerts in Porltand seems to have mostly a Reed following.

A while ago, I remember reading on Gaiman's blog that he listened to Webley. At first I was thrilled that Webley is more well known than I originally assumed. But it started to seem strange. Its like when two actors you really like suddenly start dating (trying to find an better analogy, but this is best I can come up with right now).

For some odd reason, Gaiman & Webley existed in two different worlds. Webley belong to Reed & not so well known artists I like. Gaiman belonged to the well known artists of course. I know its a bit foolish to assume those worlds would never collide, but it still threw me when I saw Gaiman post that image on his blog.

No comments: