August 28, 2007

Biking Adventure of Reanne

Last Friday I went on a small bike ride with Lindsay and Andy, riding around SE. We rode through Ladds, around 7th, then dropped off our voters registration on Morrison, Fred Meyers then home. Really... it wasn't that bad. Bike lanes are wonderful and (so far) most cars seem to be conscientious about bikes. Going up Belmont (somewhere around 12th) forced me to pull over because my lungs threatened to explode. This only re-affirmed my commitment to continue refraining from smoking pot for a while (was thinking of celebrating new job... however my poor lungs need a break).

Before I take any bike trips I really need to get by back brakes fixed. At the moment they are practically non-existent. I have a long list of things I would like to improve on my bike... but also don't want to start going on a spending frenzy just because I'm making more $ now. Once I get the brakes fixed, I want to take a few practice rides downtown and possible all the way to work. My endurance is still low, but that should improve with time. Hopefully I will be able to bike to and from work someday (that will be about a 5.15 mile ride according to the Bike Trip Planner.

No comments: