August 14, 2008

09 Travel Plans

Today I talked to Joyce online and she told me that she's going to stay in Taiwan to have her baby. Before she had been trying to come to Portland to have her kid, but her Mom convinced her this would be a bad idea. I have to say I'm relieved. I too thought this was a bad idea and felt guilty that I told her I couldn't live with her. So now I'm pondering trying to visit her in Taiwan around the Chinese New Year in Feb.

I'm also planning on visiting Lindsay in Manchester with a stop in London to visit Amanda & Ben and Max & Amy. If this all works out, I'll basically be repeating the vacations I took this year. I hope I get a little more vacation time next year since it will be my second year as a full time employee. Still, I love traveling so much I want to make these trips happen. We'll have to see.

Right now I need to see when I can get a new computer. Joyce told me she now has a Mac book, the one I've been coveting ever since my parents go one last December. My current computer seems to be slowly dying. I'll have to play around with my finances... but maybe I could get one in Sept or Oct. I would love to be able to use the video call feature with my skype account. Talking to Joyce online isn't always easy as her oral english is better than her writing. Plus being able to see her as well as hear her voice would be awesome. I miss her so much. I still cling to the hope that someday I will live in Shanghai and we can see each other almost everyday again.

No comments: